Stripes. Stripey. Workin' on stripes.

Friday, April 4, 2014

I made it out to Menards today to pick up some more colors for the front entry stripe project I've got going on.  I was a little disappointed when I arrived -- there weren't any balloons, no parade, no welcoming committee.  I'm sure my timing was just off and I missed it by accident.

This was the first time I ventured out of the house leaving Hailey home alone since her surgery so I was a little anxious but, we both managed just fine.

I ran Menards out of their neutral base sample sizes so I was only able to get three colors:  Wild Mulberry, Dalen's Duckling (?!  Huh?  What a name.), and Leap Frog.  Any other colors would have been too light for this project, so I determined.  I figured I would use some of the dining room color and the upstairs bath/guest room color.

So I go downstairs to nab those two colors and I look at the label for what I thought was Tropical Splash, the color I used upstairs, but it says Seascape Green.  Huh?  I don't remember buying this color, I thought.  I grabbed a spare paint card and as it turns out, they mixed the wrong color.  No wonder I wasn't a huge fan of it.  It wasn't the color I had chosen.  No worries -- every store has made this mistake on me at least once.  But that does explain a lot, and will give me an excuse to repaint.

Turns out the Seascape Green was a good fit for this stripe project though, heh!

Almost done with the stripes.  Between the magenta and yellow will go the Leap Frog, a bright emerald green and then I'll have two more stripes left to paint, over there on the right.  I thought maybe another Leap Frog and the Secret Passage gray.  And then it's done!  Well, after a few minor touch up's.  But then it's done!

(Yeah, I was uh, checking out that crooked newel post today, by the way, and found where all the patched screw holes are for the whole thing, right.  Ahem.  So uh, that whole thing there, the post and the spindles which are loose and the uh, hand rail, yeah, that all might um, disappear suddenly.  We'll see.  Don't tell Mike.)

What do you guys think?  It's a super dreary day here in Chicago, hence the darker photo.  I am really liking it and can't wait to see what the bright green does for it.  Then that carpet has to go....!!



4 comments

Please no spam or links, thanks!