Pieces and Parts Projects

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Oy, what a muggy day in these parts!  Oy dear me!  When it gets this hot and sticky, it gets tough to work on things.  No functiony brain, drippy drippy in lots of sweaty.

I did get some cool shots of clouds today though.






I haven't retouched any of them but I'm thinking maybe I'll blow some up and frame them.  I'm a little after-the-fact annoyed with myself for snapping these on the small size setting of my camera.  Rats.

But, I did finally, finally!, get something on those gawd awful Slippery Steps from Hell.  You know, the ones that lead to the basement, where they put the most slipperiest tile ever manufactured in the middle of the tread.  Ya know, really usin' the ol' noggin'.

It's not super duper stellar, uber-fantastic, but hey, ya know what, sometimes done is good.  Even if it's a temporary done.  Am I right?  Right.  My brain must have melted in this muggy weather.


It's the Foss Ecofi Chameleon Indoor/Outdoor carpet from Menards, on sale for a whole 29 cents per square foot.  In no way, shape, or form fancy by any means, but at least I'll sleep better tonight knowing that if I sleepwalk into the basement, I won't slip on the damn stairs and crack my head wide open.  But now that there's something three paw friendly on these stairs, we have to start blocking them off so Hailey-pie doesn't go sneaking into the basement and get stuck down there.


Ugh, dear me, dog vomit yellow paint.  Ugh.  Seriously.

I'm sure Mike has all sorts of plans for the basement rolling about his pretty head, so I didn't want to get too carried away with anything.  He mentioned a couple of times before we moved in something blah blah man cave, something video games, big tv blah blah blah.  If he did that, I'd never see him, so I suspect when the basement comes time, there will be some good ol' compromising and working together on that one.

So good.  Done.  For now.

Oh and hey, I keep forgetting!  This past Saturday was our One Year House Anniversary!  Woo hoo!  Wow, that went quick.

While I was at my favorite store today, I picked up a gold and a black single track standard to see how they'd look in the library since I'm having a spot of trouble choosing between them.


After I brought one of the Ikea shelves up (which I have now decided are done as I'm tired of painting them) and stacked a few books on there, I'm leaning towards the gold.  I think it will go well with the pallet wood blinds and the smidgen of twisty brown copper wire along with my other 70's plans.  Can't wait to install that Stella Maris light fixture!

Yesterday I reworked the shelf layout a bit and it's better.


So I think I'm gonna go with that.

What do you guys think?  Which color track would you pick?  Thursday is gonna be the big day, getting the tracks up and books up and that done!  Yay!

3 comments

  1. I like both colors...one might make the shelves look like they are floating...the other compliments the blinds. Tough decision!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly my dilemma! Sometimes options can feel as too many!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blinds are really very helpful to get protection from heat in summers however you need to chose only high quality awnings or blinds.

    ReplyDelete

Please no spam or links, thanks!